Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Plunge!

So I did it. I took the plunge. I have finally decided to form a blog and open myself up for judgment as I offer my insight into the world of personal finance. For years I have been reading other people’s blogs which has helped guide me to become the financier that I am today- now it is my turn to give back. The friends of mine that used to ridicule me for my obsession with PF (and sometimes still do) now regularly seek my help on what financial choices to make. Let me preface my posts by saying that I am in no way offering financial advice or telling you that the decisions I make are the best for everyone. This is merely a forum to discuss the money choices that myself and others have made.

With that said, let me give you a little background. I am a recent college graduate from an academically well-respected, dominating sports school. I now currently live in the DC Metro area. I have a good job within the accounting industry that offers me a competitive salary, great benefits, and most importantly an awesome group of people to work with. Having grown up always interested in the business world, I am opening myself up to learning about the foundations of all kinds of businesses and the problems within them. Nevertheless, it does not provide me the opportunity to learn more about wealth management which is why reading blogs is so much fun for me. I am frugal and make financial choices with a lot of consideration but I am not overly obsessed. Still, some like to call me a money junkie.

No comments: